How is Koalanda different from its competitors?
Our goal at Koalanda is to level the playing field for Etsy sellers by providing them with the same powerful tools and data that large e-commerce companies use to drive their success. We achieve this by adhering to three main principles:
- Data-driven decision-making: We believe that every business, no matter how small, should base decisions on data and research. That's why Koalanda is the platform that collects, analyzes, and presents the most complete set of Etsy-related data.
- User-centric design: Working with our tools and data should be easy and intuitive. We aim to strike a balance between offering a comprehensive set of features and ensuring the platform is easy to use. We strive to present all important information in a simple and concise way.
- Honest expectations: At Koalanda, we don't mislead our users with empty promises. Using Koalanda alone is not a guarantee of success on Etsy. A thriving Etsy business requires a combination of amazing products, competitor research, a sound marketing strategy, appropriate pricing, and much more. Koalanda can help with many of these aspects, but ultimately, it is the seller who must make the final decisions. Rather than making false promises and presenting misleading data, Koalanda aims to educate and teach sellers how to grow.
How accurate is Koalanda's data?
At Koalanda, we are committed to providing the most accurate data possible, even if some of it is estimated.
Our primary source of data is the Etsy API, which enables us to retrieve real Etsy data and statistics. We use advanced machine learning and statistical algorithms to carefully design and calculate each metric that we show, based on the data coming from Etsy.
The shop sales history is 100% accurate for all shops for the entire past year.
The listing sales history is 89% accurate on average.
The keyword search scores are 90% accurate, measured in terms of relative keyword popularity.
Do you refresh all your data daily?
At Koalanda, we believe that Etsy sellers should make data-driven decisions. That's why we have invested a lot of time and effort into optimizing our data and keeping it as up-to-date as possible. We refresh all data daily, hourly, or even in real-time, to ensure that you always have access to the most current and accurate information.
For instance, we update the list of all active Etsy shops and their sales every evening at 00:00 UTC. We detect the sales of individual listings in real-time, and the keyword search scores are updated several times a day.
Are there any quotas or restrictions to the tools?
At Koalanda, all subscribed users enjoy unlimited access to our full suite of tools. You can search for keywords, analyze competitors, and inspect listing sales as much as you want, without any limitations.
Do I need a credit card to try Koalanda?
You can register for our free version without having to provide any credit card details.
Do you offer a free version?
Yes, we do.
With our free version you have limited access to most features. For instance, you can use the Keyword Research tool for several searches each day.
What exactly is the Search Score?
The Search Score measures how often buyers search for the keyword and engage with the search results.
Each keyword is characterized by three important metrics - search volume, click-through rate (CTR), and engagement.
- The search volume measures how often people type this keyword in the Etsy search bar.
- The CTR measures how often people click on listings shown for this keyword search.
- The engagement measures how often people buy or add to cart listings they found by searching for this keyword.
Working with three different metrics can be challenging. That's why Koalanda combines them into a single, unified metric - the Search Score. Generally, the higher the Search Score, the better the keyword is performing on Etsy.
Why do I need to connect my Etsy shop to search for keywords?
Because Etsy requires it.
We fetch the relevant keywords at real-time directly from Etsy. The connection between Koalanda and Etsy is done through a technology called the Etsy API. Access to this technology is only available if there is a real user shop approved to use it.
Can I link more than one shop to my Koalanda account?
You can link up to 5 shops to the same Koalanda account.
We know that many Etsy sellers have several Etsy shops. This is why we allow each Etsy seller to connect up to 5 shops to their account. The price of the Koalanda subscription is the same no matter the number of shops connected to it.
Can I link one Etsy shop to several Koalanda accounts?
This is mostly because of security concerns.
If you have connected your shop to one Koalanda account and you want to switch it to another one, please contact us.